Thursday, July 11, 2013

We May Experience A Little Turbulence...

Okay, so obviously I'm not very consistent at this blogging thing!

My last post, I announced Quinn's new job and how we were getting prepared for him to go off to training for a month.  His training day was set for April.  Well, I think by announcing this on my blog, I jinxed it or something.  Not too long after I posted, GoJet called and cancelled the training.  They told him they would have another class later- possibly as late as August and to "just sit tight".

We've had lots of practice at sitting tight, and waiting.  My natural planning tendencies do not mesh well with uncertainty and waiting.

Finally, a few weeks ago, GoJet emailed and set up Quinn's training date for August.  When he told me this, I had to laugh!  Because, of course it couldn't be July where we have hardly anything on our calendar.  August comes in just behind May as one of our busiest times.  Soccer season starts in August and, of course, so does school.  Being a school board member, a staff member and a parent means the beginning of school is a bit crazy for me!

I find all of this a bit comical because I used to joke about Quinn's previous airline's mission to make me insane by scheduling Quinn to be gone when I needed him most at home.  It looks as if this next airline will continue the mission to drive me insane!  I guess it's possible, though, that I'm just on the brink of insanity whenever Quinn is not home- but it's so much easier to blame it on the airline industry!

So, we are all gearing up to re-enter the pilot world!  Quinn's finishing up projects at home and school.  Soccer gear has been purchased and I'm doing something I swore I'd never do- buying school supplies in July!  Most importantly, my Prozac prescription has been refilled (joking!).

I know I can do this - I've done it for 14 years.  But every time we get a break, it takes a lot of mental preparation for me to do it again.   I'm grateful for this opportunity that has been given to Quinn.  I'm also amazed at how God has provided for us during these last 11 months. 

Quinn is beyond excited to get back in the air doing what he loves!  I'm excited for him!

Meanwhile, prayers (and free babysitting) are always appreciated!  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment