Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Get Ready For Takeoff!

Here we go again!

After six months of not flying, Quinn has accepted a job with GoJet Airlines.  While we are incredibly grateful for this opportunity, we are also anxious about the transition.  The job will be quite a bit different from his last job - different planes, different passengers (cranky commuters vs troops), different schedule, different routes.  As I've mentioned before, Quinn isn't a fan of change, so this is a big step for him (and the rest of us).

Although I'm thrilled that he will once again be doing what he was born to do, I get a bit nauseous when I think about him being gone for over a month for training.  I don't know why it makes me so nervous - there have been several times when he has had to go to training, leaving me to single parent for a month or more.  It will be crazy and chaotic and more than once, I'll be tempted to run away or call Child Protective Services to come and pick the kids up.  But, it'll be fine.  Really, it will.

I know it will be fine because I have a whole team rallying behind me, waiting for me to need them.  I have the best friends and family anyone could ask for!  I'm also blessed to have some of the best babysitters in the world on speed dial.  I know it will be fine because when God places a challenge in front of you, He always gives you exactly the right tools to overcome that challenge.

I really don't want to portray this "poor me" attitude.  I really believe everything will be fine.  And I do realize how lucky I am to have such a wonderful support system and an amazing husband who will do what he can to make this as easy as possible for us.  We are humbled when we look at the past 6 months and how many ways God provided for us. And we have no doubt he will provide for us in the coming months.

I've enjoyed the time we've had with Quinn being home all of the time.  He is such a great husband and father and we make such a great team together.  Maybe it would be easier if he weren't so helpful around the house and with the kids.... no, probably not!

On the bright side, with Quinn being gone more often, I will have a lot more funny stories to write about.  Because the crazy stuff only happens when Quinn's gone... it's a "pilot family" law!


No comments:

Post a Comment